Had a positive few days with some of my fundraising ideas and really feel like momentum is now building. You can find out first about these developments through twitter. Follow me @paulweald
The successes include:
- LV= Liverpool Victoria – the Heritage Call Centre team are holding a dress down day in May and are donating the monies raised to my causes
- Nottingham City Homes – the Customer Service Centre team are planning some fund-raising ideas
- F3 events – a local triathlon event company – have agreed to provide a donation based on the participation of Cycle Slam Riders in two cycle sportives they are organising in April. This is a real win-win for me as it is not only a fund raising opportunity but also a training opportunity for my fellow participants
- London Midland – the Customer Relations team are organising a collection, a charity bake sale and a sponsored fancy dress.
So where is all the money going? The funds raised is going to three fantastic causes:
- the Dallaglio Foundation is supporting a cutting edge research project that will help develop more effective and personalised treatments for prostate cancer;
- the AF Foundation is developing and improving Child Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy Units
- and Virgin Unite is helping people tackle tough social and environmental problems with an entrepreneurial approach.
To bring this to life, here is a motivational message from Rachel Roxburgh at the Dallaglio Foundation. This is what it is all about.
You can always find out first about these successes through twitter. Follow me @paulweald